Sunday, March 10, 2024

TGOC 2024 Blog

Mandy had wanted to try do a TGOC crossing with the whole family this year, before the boys finish school and all go their separate ways.  By the time registration came around, Mandy had started a new full-time job 😢, and Ty was planning some summer races😭 - so that left Ben, Sam and I.  I am sad that Mandy and Ty won't be there, but I am excited I will get to share the experience with Sam and Ben.

We have submitted an ambitious route planned, but I know the boys are up to the task - as long as they wait up for their old man!  Highlights will include:

  • Loch Morar and the Sgurr na h-Aide ridge
  • Glen Finnan Viaduct (from the Harry Potter movies)
  • Seeing and walking around Ben Nevis (tallest mountain in the UK)
  • The bridge at Corrour Station (from the Trainspotting movie)
  • Camping near Falls of Tarff, and walking up Glen Tilt again
  • Climbing Lochnagar
  • Experiencing Tarfside for the first time
  • Finishing on the beach at St. Cyrus again
I am on the mend from a pretty serious back issue that had me off my feet for the better part of two months, but my recovery has been progressing, and I will try to do all the right things to make sure I am ready in time.  Fingers crossed, and please send any positive vibes you can!

If you feel like following along you can access our blog here.

We Plan On Camping Near Here On Our First Night...🤞

No comments:

Post a Comment